[ic] value to long for type character varying(32)

David Wilson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 5 14:16:01 2002

I know this has been hashed over before.  I upgraded Postgres to 7.2.3.
and it looks like at least one of the fields in one of the tables is not
long  enough.  I could not find which field however.  I saw Mike's
suggestion of using:

somefield: [filter op=12 interpolate=1][value whatever][/filter]

in the posting:
http://lists.akopia.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2002/July/022861.html

I found this error message in the /var/lib/interchange/store/error.log:

Error during creation of the order routing log
Route log failed. at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line 1579

I added some more debugging to the Order.pm file, so it will be off by
about 5 lines or so with the stock file.

>From Postgres:
value to long for type character varying(32)

The question is how do I determine which field is the culpret, and in
which table?  Instead of using a filter, would it be better to change
the database parameters for the fields to fix this?

Thanks,

Dave
--
David R. Wilson  WB4LHO