[ic] Stock display change

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 5 18:38:01 2002

>Hi,
>
>This is the problem.. What will be sold in this store is never in stock
but
>different products have different shipping time (delay)...
>The customer has developed a system for coding those shipping times..
For
>example: letter A - means Product will ship in 2 days, B - will ship in
7
>days and C - will ship in 21 days...
>
>So how would I do the simplest change of system to display instead In
>stock/Out stock those letters ...
>The type of letter you would choose in Items - when adding item.
>
>The only thing it has to do is to replace that N or Y with letters A,B
or
>C... depending on what's chosen in Items.
>
>Any idea on how to make this? Please try to be discriptive since I'm
>"still" a begginer with IC :)
>
>Regards,
>Saso

I would think that the easiest way to do this would be to add a new
column to the products table. You can then edit
products-->mv_metadata.asc to add a field for that column on the item
entry screen (requires applying changes after editing).

For instance, create a column labeled something like "ship_code" to the
products table. Once you have the data in that column for the items, you
can show it on flypage.html with [item-field ship_code] wherever you
want it to display.

Hope this helps.