[ic] More Soap Questions

Shawn Mathews interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 6 17:01:01 2002

hmmm, ok, UserTag That I Can do........
you wouldn't have an example definition of the usertag your talking about in
this example your talking about?

i.e. what parameters it would expect?

So, if I under stand you correctly......

I need to make usertags for each function I want interchange to provide via
SOAP, then write a WSDL file which explains what the interface to these
functions is.

Also, my functions will have to return the results as XML, this is not
automatically done when you talk to interchange using SOAP.

Thanks,
Shawn Mathews

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Mike Heins
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 2:36 PM
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: Re: [ic] More Soap Questions

Quoting Shawn Mathews (shawn@oceanebi.com):
> I'm still trying to figure out this soap stuff....
>
> It seems I need something called WSDL to describe the services provided my
> interchange for any of my SOAP components to work.
>
> Two Questions:
> #1) Is there a WSDL file for interchange? or should I be looking for a
> SOAP::LITE WSDL file?

> #2)If there isn't, does anybody have any idea what functions are exposed
via
> SOAP in interchange?

A WSDL file is just a compendium of the calls and schemas to call for
SOAP services on an individual server. Since IC doesn't really provide
services, and anything really interesting you can do involves writing a
UserTag to provide such a service, it really doesn't make too much sense
to provide a standard one.

Here is a sample which would describe a UserTag named "yourservice"
that returns an XML structure with the response result.

<?xml version="1.0"  encoding="utf-8"?>
          <!--targetNamespace="http://yourserver.com/your.wsdl"-->
<definitions
          name="YourService"
          xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
          xmlns:tns="http://yourserver.com/your.wsdl/"
          targetNamespace="http://yourserver.com/your.wsdl/"
          xmlns:xsd1="http://yourserver.com/your.xsd/"
          xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
          xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" >

<types/>

<message name="PostUpdateInput">
        <part name="body" type="s:string" />
</message>

<message name="PostUpdateOutput">
        <part name="body" type="s:boolean" />
</message>

<portType name="YourPortType">
        <operation name="PostUpdate">
                <input message="tns:PostUpdateInput"/>
                <output message="tns:PostUpdateOutput"/>
        </operation>
</portType>

<binding name="YourSoapBinding" type="tns:YourPortType">
        <soap:binding style="rpc"
        <operation name="PostUpdate">
                <soap:operation soapAction="urn:YourService"/>
                <input>
                        <soap:body use="encoded" namespace="urn:YourService"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />
                </input>
                <output>
                        <soap:body use="encoded" namespace="urn:YourService"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />
                </output>
        </operation>
</binding>

<service name="YourService">
        <documentation>Your Services</documentation>
        <port name="YourPort" binding="tns:YourSoapBinding">
                <soap:address
location="http://yourserver.com:7780/yourcat"/>
        </port>
</service>

</definitions>

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer