[ic] Trouble with Taxes on checkout page

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 7 08:42:00 2002

> I am having trouble with the tax calculation on the checkout page.  When
> I configured the system I set the tax rate as 6% for MI.  When I place
> an order and type in my address, it pops up a window telling me I will
> be charged MI tax of $0.00. No tax is added to my order.  I checked the
> preferences on the Admin interface and it says the tax rate is 6.00.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Nick

I've had trouble with this too. It seems I must manually correct the tax
related fields in the variables table. In your admin GUI, go into the
variables table. On my site, I have the these set as follows:

In TAXAREA I have:
OH

In TAXFIELD I have:
state