[ic] mv_exact_match not working

Thu Nov 7 10:45:01 2002

Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
> > However, if I understand you guys correctly, what you really want here is
> > "op=eq". This imposes equality between the search text and a db text field
> > thereby making "shaving" and "shaving cream" distinct results.
>
> It doesn't, though.  On my 4.8.6 installation:
>
> scan/fi=products/st=text/sf=subcat/se=Shaving/op=eq/nu=0/ml=12/tf=subcat/rf=
> *
>
>     Returns "Shaving" and "Shaving Tools".  Adding em=1 returns the same
> thing also.  However, changing it to:
>
> /scan/fi=products/st=text/sf=subcat/se=Shaving/op=eq/co=1/os=1/nu=0/ml=12/tf
> =subcat/rf=*
>
>     does work, and this is the fix described in the aforementioned message.
> The message also contained a patch, which was from February so I assumed it
> was a 4.8.x patch, but when I looked at the code in that area it doesn't
> match.

I probably decided not to apply it to stable because it had the
potential for changing people's search results. That is typically
the decision I make -- when in doubt, if it will change the display
I don't do it within a stable tree.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson