[ic] Open and 'run' a page from within another page? -- even more info

marc.brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 7 11:34:00 2002

Thanks Kevin,

> You should find that it all works.  If it
> doesn't then perhaps there's something wrong with the contents of your
> file.

I overlooked the global log file, this file says 'Attempt to call perl from
within Safe.' which explains why the [calc] tag is executed properly while
the [perl] tag doesn't work.

> > How can I run a page from within another page, and make it act
> > *in the same way* it would when running stand-alone?

If I open the page as regular HTML, interchange runs in normal mode and all
is cool, but if it is included from another page, the include tag decides
that it should run in Safe mode now, and interchange no longer accepts [perl]
tags. This breaks both my code and the header template.

If I use [calc] tags instead of [perl] tags, my code breaks as well (Safe:
Undefined subroutine &Vend::Interpolate::some_sub_i_defined), and the header
template will still be broken too. It's said that "Using AllowGlobal is never
necessary", any clues how to solve this the 'right' way?

Regards,

Marc Brevoort