[ic] mv_exact_match not working

Thu Nov 7 14:03:00 2002

Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
> > >/scan/fi=products/st=text/sf=subcat/se=Shaving/op=eq/co=1/os=1/nu=0
> > >/ml=12/tf
> >
> > Mike, do you think you will apply it to a stable release in the
> > future/present?  I understand why you wouldn't want to change people's
> > search results, but it is a bug right?
>
>     I wouldn't mind seeing a 4.8 patch but you can always use the co=1/os=1
> workaround, which probably isn't that big of a deal.

We are too close to 5.0 now, and the aim of the stable branch is to fix
only serious bugs. We are not fixing just anything at this point. It
must have either a near-zero chance of introducing instability in
existing catalogs, or be a security fix. No others are being done, and
this one fits into the "other" category.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown