[ic] problem with perl DBD-MySQL not found

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 8 04:13:00 2002

Hello,

I installed Interchange on Redhat7.3/Apache1.3.27/MySQL and executed the makecat script but the foundation catalog does not come up. When I go to 'http://localhost.localdomain/foundation' I get a red and gray Interchange spash screen with two links 'Customer Entrance' and 'Admin Interface'. If I click on either of these I get 'Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/foundation'

I built the tutorial catalog outlined in 'iccattut.pdf' and this worked without any problems although it does not use MySQL.

When restarting Interchange I get the following error:

**************************
Killing Interchange server 1912 with TERM.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.6
Configuring catalog foundation...Required Perl module DBD::mysql not present. Aborting catalog.
In line 2 of the configuration file 'dbconf/mysql/mysql.cfg':
Require module DBD::mysql

foundation config error: Required Perl module DBD::mysql not present. Aborting catalog.
In line 2 of the configuration file 'dbconf/mysql/mysql.cfg':
Require module DBD::mysql

foundation: error in configuration. Skipping.
foundation: config error. Skipping.
Configuring catalog tutorial...done.
Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 1953)

I installed mysql server, client, shared and devel libraries, installed perl-DBI and perl-DBD-mysql.

Apparently It cannot find the perl-DBD-Mysql interface. Howeve I know it is there. One thing I noted was there seems to be two version of perl:

/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0

But the mysql dbd file exists only in one version:
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBD/mysql

Does anyone know what is the problem? Do I have to rerun makecat?

Thanks for any help.

Nagita