[ic] automatic import recieved mail messages into interchange database?

Marty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 8 10:00:01 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 02:16, murahashi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry that this message is not specific question but It may be nice idea
> for someone.
>
> At the actual online shop site, webmaster have to handle many emails from
> many customers about many product items.
> For example, asking about shipping date, asking specification of item,
> asking to return, questions abut miss-ordering, and so on.
>
> So, I would like to add email messages automatically into interchange
> database. Mail message should be add a record with some fields, such as
> email address, date&time, subject, body,.. into IC table.
> If we have this email message data-table, we will be able to search and
> reply easily very well.

Hi Murahashi,

If you are looking for a good customer service email tracking and
response system you can look here...

http://otrs.org/pages/index.pl   (GPL)

or here

http://www.cerberusweb.com/index.php (Not GPL)

Neither of these programs will help you automate your responses to
customers (other than headers, salutations and signatures) but they will
help you track your replies.

If you are getting to many emails from customers it probably means 1 of
3 things...

1) Your business has grown and you need to add customer service people
and/or a customer response system.  Either of the systems above would
work well in this case.

2) Your web page is not answering the customers questions so they feel a
need to call for assistance.  In this case you need to modify your web
page and try to answer the customers questions before they call.  For
example, item specifications or ship date.

3) Your business model is incorrect for your customers  and they feel a
need to call for one or more reasons.  In this case you will need to
modify your business model to fit your average customers expectation so
that you do not have to handle more than a few exceptions.

Hope that helps, good luck!

--
Marty <marty@sediva.com>