[ic] recalculate button on flypage

Brent Kelly interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 9 04:18:00 2002

  Hi all,

Has anyone managed to implement a recalculate button on the flypage
(rather than the cart).

My scenario is I have products with several matrix options (separate
widgets).  The combination of option selections determine the price, &
therefore the client wants the user to be able to select their options
on the flypage & have the price adjust to whatever the valid price is
for their combination of selecitons, WITHOUT putting it in the cart.

At first it seemed like a simple task, but now after trying to do it, I
can't seem to see any way to get it working without the user having to
order the item before being able to select their options (without
manually coding it all which will prove very time consuming, if at all
possible with any level of option flexibility).

I've tried having a <form action=[process-target]...> and <input
type=hidden name=mv_todo action=refresh> etc but as far as i can tell
refresh only works on ordered options (i.e. that are already in the
cart) which is obviously not much use to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brent Kelly,
Zeald Ltd.
http://www.zeald.com