[ic] Solved DBD-MySQL problem but new one took it's place.

Arminder Singh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 9 05:46:01 2002

Dear Nagita,

> Hello,
>
> Well, I have solved many of my problems with DBD-mysql (see earlier post)
>
> I remove the DBD-mysql drivers that were installing on perl5.8.0 directory
and installed the perl5.6.1 drivers instead. Then I added a symbolic link to
/temp/mysql.sock in /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Why you did so? Why not use latest one from CPAN...it works fine. You don't
even need to create symlink.

> When I restarted interchange, it was able to access mysql and it created
the mysql database test_foundation and populated it. There are no errors in
my interchange or catalog 'error.log' files.

> However now all my catalogs now give:
>
> "We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable..."

This error comes when the Interchange server is not running. check using
# /sbin/service interchange status

Also check whether mysql & httpd services too are running.

Also check the error log file /var/log/interchange/error.log when you try to
check the URL.

> I recreated the very basic tutorial catalog in and that also gave the same
error.

> I feel there is something very small. I installed Interchange as root
using the rpm's. There is a user called 'interch' that Interchange runs as
and the catalogs are defines in a directory called catalogs under interch's
home directory. Apache runs as user 'httpd'.

The Interchange RPM installation automatically creates the interch user.
After you run makecat command, always the chown the error log and all the
files in /var/lib/interchange to interch.

> Can anyone give any suggestions?
> Nagita

I am running Interchange 4.9.2 using Perl 5.8.0 on Redhat 8 with Mysql
3.23.53a-1 and its all integrated well.

Cheers

Arminder Singh