[ic] Ummm....

Philip Alves interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 9 16:34:01 2002

...I'm almost afraid to ask this, as it has been sort of dealt with a lot on
this list, but here goes...

I have 4 catalogs running under the same Interchange configuration.  No
problem there.  Now, I want to share user info (userdb, shiptos, salestax, &
shipping) across only 2 of the catalogs, which would seem to rule out using
global databases.

So, I figured that using SubCatalogs (yes, I'm going there - eek!) was the
way to go.  (If there's another way, please share!)  I did as the docs
suggested, and changed one of the Catalogs in interchange.cfg to this:

SubCatalog       can_s   can_r   /encore/catalog/can_s   /cgi-bin/can_s

...and changed "can_s/catalog.cfg"  to  "can_s/can_s.cfg"

Of course, I get this error when I restart IC:

Configuring catalog can_s...can_s config error: Couldn't open
'etc/lib/variable.txt' read/write: No such file or directory at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 872, <CONFIG> line 9.

can_s: error in configuration. Skipping.
can_s: config error. Skipping.

I searched the archives for this error, but only found other Common.pm
errors.

Now, if I get SubCatalogs to work, I searched but couldn't find if there's a
way to pick and choose which information is shared.  Like I said, all I want
to do is share a few databases only.

Anybody else ever have to face these IC-setup demons before?

Phil