[ic] Ummm....

Philip Alves interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 9 17:08:00 2002

> ...I'm almost afraid to ask this, as it has been sort of dealt with a lot
on
> this list, but here goes...
>
> I have 4 catalogs running under the same Interchange configuration.  No
> problem there.  Now, I want to share user info (userdb, shiptos, salestax,
&
> shipping) across only 2 of the catalogs, which would seem to rule out
using
> global databases.
>
> So, I figured that using SubCatalogs (yes, I'm going there - eek!) was the
> way to go.  (If there's another way, please share!)  I did as the docs
> suggested, and changed one of the Catalogs in interchange.cfg to this:
[snip]
> Now, if I get SubCatalogs to work, I searched but couldn't find if there's
> way to pick and choose which information is shared.  Like I said, all I
want
> to do is share a few databases only.

Well, I solved my error by simply deleting everything in can_s.cfg, but now
my store "can_s" behaves exactly like "can_r", and even the url shows can_r
instead of can_s.  In every way that matters, both "can_r" and "can_s" are
the same store.  How do I limit what can_s grabs from can_r?  Is there an
old post that I could look at?  Something I missed?

Thanks!

Phil