[ic] Pricing Help

Jimmy Dixon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 9 19:43:01 2002

I have a situation where a web site will have individual customers, but all
from the same organization.  Pricing is based upon an "organization code"
used during a sign-up procedure. I want to use the organization code to
direct what price should be used.

Example:  An organization commits to buy 100 units per year, so pricing is
based upon that requirement.  The organization has been given a pricing code
"AAAA".  Individual users who belong to that company, during entry of their
information enter the pricing code "AAAA", and their price is based upon the
discount for that code.

If they don't belong to an organization, a potential one-time customer, they
get a different price.   The problem is, that organization "BBBB" could
commit to 1000 units per year, so the pricing would be different based upon
that requirement.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy