[ic] upgraded to 4.9.3... a couple questions

Grant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Nov 11 19:31:01 2002

>> I've got a 4.9.3 store running now and it looks awesome, but
>> I've got a
>> couple questions.
>>
>> When you click on "Enter tracking numbers" in the 4.9.3 "Live
>> Demo" store,
>> six fields come up to edit for the pending orders.  On my
>> store, when that
>> link is clicked I only get the "New record" option, the
>> pending order that I
>> have does not show up to be edited.  I also get a huge long
>> list of fields
>> to edit instead of just a few like the demo.  I haven't added the
>> tracking_number field yet, but it doesn't seem to be
>> functioning properly
>> for me anyway.  What needs to be adjusted to get this to
>> display properly?
>>
>> Also, how can you get back to the UI's splash page after
>> leaving it?  I
>> added a link on that page and I'd like to be able to access it after
>> browsing the UI.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - Grant
>

>This is just a guess, but you probably need to make sure you have all
>new 4.9.3 columns in your tables. This features I believe would use the
>table-editor, and it is looking for certain columns. Go to the demo, and
>compare the lists of fields under Administration -> "Database
>Information" tab.
>
>To get back to the splash page, the is a clear image JUST RIGHT of the
>new "Interchange" logo on top. If you move the cursor to it, and click
>it, it will take you back to the splash page.
>
>Paul

I added a field called tracking_number to my transactions db (default db)
and now all of the transactions show up under "Enter tracking numbers" with
all of their fields.  The demo seems to limit transactions that can show up
under "Enter tracking numbers" to a specific set of fields called: "code"
"lname" "city" "state" "country" "tracking_number" and only orders that are
"pending".  I'd like to check out the admin page code to see if I can figure
out why mine isn't displaying this section properly.  Where in my
installation can I get copies of the admin pages?  Thanks!

- Grant