[ic] [value ...] not working - am I missing something?

Mark Gibson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 12 10:28:01 2002

Hi,
	I've been developing a store with Interchange for a while,
but I'm still having problem with the [value] tag.

If a value has been submitted to a page via either POST or GET,
I can retreve its value using [cgi ...], but the [value ...] tag is always
empty.
>From the documentation I am led to believe that [value] should obtain its
value from [cgi] and retain the value throughout the session - until a new
value is submitted via POST or GET.
This just doesn't seem to work for me - I've been having to get around this
by checking the [cgi] value and storing it in a [scratch] variable.

Here is the main portion of a test page I used (testvalue.html):

 value myvalue=[value myvalue]<br>
 cgi myvalue=[cgi myvalue]<br>

 <form action="[area testvalue]" method="post">

   <input type="text" value="[value myvalue]" name="myvalue">
   <input type="submit" value="GO">

 </form>

Now, when text is entered in the input field and submitted,
the [cgi myvalue] contains the text, but [value myvalue] doesn't!
It's the same whether method is POST or GET.

Am I missing something?

I am using:
SuSE Linux 8.0
Interchange 4.8.6