[ic] problems setting up interchange-4.8.6-1.i386.rpm

stjohn interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 13 11:41:01 2002

Hi,
I have been trying to setup ic for the last day or so. I have an apache
webserver with mod_perl and mysql setup and working on linux - redhat 7.3. I
followed the instructions for performing an rpm based install as detailed in
the 'ic getting started guide' and then ran the makecat script. The makecat
script produced the following 2 errors:

run "sh /var/lib/interchange/drugs2/config/makedirs"y
ln: creating sym link 'var/lib/interchange/drugs2/templates/default' to
'foundation' : no such file or directory

and:

run "sh /var/lib/interchange/drugs2/config/installsample"y
sample data directory does not exist:
/var/lib/interchange/drugs/templates/sampledata/tools

can anyone tell me the relevance of these error messages and how they might
relate to my ic setup?

When I try to access the ic pages via my brower at
www.risc-com.co.uk/cgi-bin/foundation I get the following error message:

Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/foundation

Could anyone help me resolve these setup issues ?

many thanks,

Stjohn