[ic] Shipping Labels

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 14 10:40:01 2002

> Is it possible to print out a shipping label (Ship To: address, etc) on
> some Avery based labels for an order?  Is this feature planned for 5.0
> if it doesn't exist?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

I wrote a little perl script which extracts data from the transactions
and orderline tables, then spits out a pipe-delimited text file. I use
that file to do a "mail merge" in a word processor to generate the faxes
I sent to my suppliers to fill each order. Once it is set up it can be
fully automated with a cron job and word processor macros. You could to
the same thing for shipping lables. There may be a better way but this
works quite well for me. Of course it is all external to IC.

DB