[ic] problems installing as regular user

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 14 12:12:01 2002

> my home directory. The only problems was that the MD5 module was not used
> and there was some problem with IO:stringy. I don't know if this was due
> my system or CPAN.

    I don't know if it's IC or a CPAN module used by IC, but somewhere the
dependancy against IO::Stringy is written as IO::stringy , which the CPAN
utility cannot find due to the capitalization mistake .  Whoever maintains
the IC makefile might want to explicitly require IO::Stringy to work around
this issue if it is in fact an issue with one of the CPAN modules.  The CPAN
module author should probably be notified as well, once we determine which
module it is.

Jeff