[ic] Inet mode and SSL...

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 15 00:52:01 2002

> SSL works for Apache fine.
> But how do I get it to work for Interchange?
> Having it try to connect to port 443, 7443, changing around the
> httpd.conf SSL setting to listen to those for ssl connections (the
> apache server responds securely just fine, it just isn't interchange
> alas).

    Interchange doesn't do anything special for SSL aside from outputting
links that have https instead of http in front of them.  The browser talks
to apache, either via ssl or non-ssl, and apache talks to interchange,
always on the same port, always via the same method.  Thus, I am confused by
the cart.domain.com:7786 part since interchange typically doesn't
communicate with the browser.
    If you have a configuration section in your apache configuration that is
properly configured for interchange, then you can basically copy that block
and add the appropriate SSL directives to it for the SSL configuration.
    This is entirely a web server issue, though.  I think you may have a
misunderstanding as to how interchange communicates with the browser.

Jeff