[ic] New

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 15 09:38:00 2002

Hi,

I am new in the list and also a new user of interchange. Since I saw the
program I thought it was excellent, even though, its advanced code. I am not an
expert in html, java, or any web programming lenguage. I want to make some
changes to interchange to make it work in a local network. Basically, I want to
manage inventories. I don't need credit card information nor delivering
information. I am not familiar with sql, but I am using mysql and I know how to
interpret information in a database.

I got some documentation that I will read this weekend, but I have problems
with some functions from the installation. I installed the package without any
problems. The only thing confusing for me is the installation of the PERL
modules because everybody says different things. I have installed:

Optional Module Information
Digest::MD5 found (v2.20).
LWP::Simple found (v1.35).
MIME::Base64 found (v2.12).
SQL::Statement found (v0.1021).
Safe::Hole found (v0.08).
Storable found (v2.05).
Tie::Watch found (v1.0).
URI::URL found (v5.03).
Database Interfaces
GDBM available (v1.06)
No Berkeley DB_File.
DBI enabled (v1.30), available drivers:

ExampleP
Pg
Proxy
mysql

Even though, I installed all these modules, I still have problems with the
checkout process, the design section in the admin website, and the button on
the bottom to delete more than one user; also in the admin website. I tried to
access the mailing list files trought google, but the Redhat link appears to be
down.

Finally, How can you change colors and delete menus in the websites?. I know
the deamon uses cgi and you cannot access the websites directly. I have looked
for them everywhere and I couldn't find them

Regards

Diego