[ic] Some emails can't be sent - could this be why ? AHA (maybe)

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 15 10:45:01 2002

>> This might not be an Interchange issue at all.
>
>     He's getting an intermittent error invoking sendmail, so whatever the
> issue is it's probably confined to the machine itself.
>
> Jeff

I found a possible cause. The DNS server which was listed first in my
/etc/resolv.conf is down. I modified /etc/resolv.conf so that the first
entry is the server itself and that seems to have really improved DNS
performance (no surprise there). I'm trying to find out how long that
server has been down to see if it correlates with the start of my problem.

Seems to me that having a dead box listed as the first nameserver in
/etc/resolv.conf could easily hurt sendmail's performance. Do you guys
think this is a likely explanation of my problem? I suppose time will
tell but I'm interested in your opinions.

DB