[ic] Inet mode and SSL...

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 15 15:59:00 2002

Art wrote:

><snip>
>
>mod_interchange????
>That's news to me.
>I've been running Interchange for about a year (set it up about a year
>ago, didn't touch it again pretty much until this past month, trying to
>remember how it all works, in moving servers).
>I have full access to the servers, I just don't want to have to redo the
>catalog at all, but anything on the server side to make it better and
>easier to use I'm happy to consider.
>Please clarify?
>Thanks,
>-Art
>

>>Personally, if you have access to the httpd.conf file,  switch over to
>>mod_interchange and rid youself of the headaches.

mod_interchange is an apache module developed by Francis J. Lacoste and
is almost absurdly simple to setup.  In your ICROOT/src there is a
directory called mod_interchange all you have to do is compile it copy
it over to the apache module directory, and a few small changes to
httpd.conf and Wallah the README is very simple.  For me at least one of
the main advantages is that you don't even have to enable CGI and since
most of our IC sites go on a RaQXTR that very nice.