[ic] Adding Null to Select Box using mv_metadata?

David Kelly interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 19 00:29:00 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 5:31 pm, Mike Heins wrote:
<--snip-->
> You had all confused me. You aren't talking about adding a NULL, but an
> empty string. They are two different things in SQL.
>
> I assume you are talking about combining the option for a blank with
> some values that come from a lookup. If you add "=--none--" to the
> options field in metadata that will do it.

Yeah NULL or empty string ... either or should work.   When I check the field
in the database, if it is a NULL or empty string I don't display the row - if
it contains data then I do.

Thanks for the ideas guys.  Adding the "=--none--" to the options fields seems
to work fine, as does Chris's solution of using the Combo Select (although
this isn't as elegant)

Cheers
--
Dave Kelly (Sv0rd)