Lazy top-posting (was RE: [ic] DBD & DBI Install)

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 22 13:55:01 2002

Bill Carr [bill@worldwideimpact.com] wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 10:07, Webmaster wrote:
> > ok, cool, I did that and at the bottom of the display in the @INC section I
> > see all the perl paths but I don't see any of the directory paths including
> > the DBD or DBI subdirectories.  Is that the problem?  Do they need to be
> > included?  I'm thinking yes.  Finally, if that's the case what do I tell my
> > root sysadmin to get these included?
> >
> > thanks,
> > colt

This thread nicely illustrates why lazy top-posting is discouraged in
this mail list.  Bill Carr has properly quoted his followups, whereas
the anonymous "Webmaster" hasn't bothered.  Anyone finding this article
in a search of the mail list archive is going to find it difficult to
follow what's been said.

I suggest that people respect the guidelines they read when subscribing
to this list.  I know several people who simply ignore followups that
are lazily-quoted (myself included) even if the followup is specifically
aimed at them.  The guidelines are periodically posted to this list for
the benefit of those who didn't feel the necessity to read and remember
them when they subscribed.