[ic] Validating form HOWTO

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Nov 25 18:01:00 2002

> Here's a quick summary on how to do a validating form in IC 4.8.6
> There are 2 pages used, feedback.html and feedback2.html

    OK, maybe we haven't completely solved the validation issue.  When
testing our newly-created page, validation failure causes all form fields to
revert back to their previous values.  So if all the fields were blank prior
to validation, and the user leaves one required field blank, when the page
reloads all the fields are blank again.
    Does this hold true on your system as well?  I have some pretty
aggressive anti-caching settings on my IC catalog here and I am not certain
that isn't the cause.

Jeff