[ic] Using Mod Interchange 2 questions

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 26 22:09:00 2002

> in to the mod_ssl maintainer today as well. It seems as if Debian has ot
> gotten around to upgrading Apache and mod ssl yet

    Debian is really bad with regards to the situation created by rapidly
backporting security fixes but largely neglecting the fact that newer
versions of the upstream software typically also fix a zillion bugs.  The
postgresql package is one of the worst offenders, apache is another.  Up
until recently, Debian stable postgresql was version 6.5, which was a
hideous piece of turd, security fixes or not.  The current release version
of postgres was 7.2 .  I use Debian on all my systems but typically tarball
apache and postgresql for this reason.

Jeff