[ic] newbie checkout question: mandatory shipping address

Ross McAllister interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 10:23:00 2002

Esteemed ic-guys:

  This must be a pretty easy one and doubtless well documented but I've
trawled the archived and rtfm with no joy.

  I'm doing a site where the shipping and delivery addresses must both
be entered and I can't figure out how to insist the user enters both.
I've copied code of this sort:

	      <b>First Name</b>
	      <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=b_fname VALUE="[value b_fname]"
size="20" maxlength="20">
	      <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=b_lname VALUE="[value b_lname]"
size="20">

  to replace the collection of the billing address in the foundation
code (this is cribbed from the code that collect the shipping info) but
it doesn't complain if the input field is blank.

  My guess is that somewhere there lurks something that tells IC what
needs checking here but I can't find it. Help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ross McAllister