[ic] newbie checkout question: mandatory shipping address

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 10:52:01 2002

>Esteemed ic-guys:
>
>  This must be a pretty easy one and doubtless well documented but I've
>trawled the archived and rtfm with no joy.
>
>  I'm doing a site where the shipping and delivery addresses must both
>be entered and I can't figure out how to insist the user enters both.
>I've copied code of this sort:

>	      <b>First Name</b>
>	      <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=b_fname VALUE="[value b_fname]"
>size="20" maxlength="20">
>	      <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=b_lname VALUE="[value b_lname]"
>size="20">
>
>  to replace the collection of the billing address in the foundation
>code (this is cribbed from the code that collect the shipping info) but
>it doesn't complain if the input field is blank.
>
>  My guess is that somewhere there lurks something that tells IC what
>needs checking here but I can't find it. Help greatly appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ross McAllister

Take a look at etc/profiles.order to see how required fields are
handled.

For instance, let's say you wanted something labeled Delivery Address to
be required whose associated form field name was "d_address".

Here would be your steps.

1. Add something like this for the label of the field:
[error name=d_address std_label="Delivery Address" required=1]

2. Give it a form field like:
<INPUT TYPE=text NAME=d_address size="20">

3. Make this entry into the proper place in profiles.order:
d_address=required

4. I think you need to restart IC, but I cannot remember.