[ic] Using Paypal

Binh Huynh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 12:35:01 2002

Hi,

I sell services over the internet and I'd like to use Paypal as a gate
way for payement. I need to install Perl Modules (LWP::UserAgent) in
Interchange to receive transaction results automatically. I did read
Advanced Interchange Topics to install Perl Modules without root access
but I don't understand. Please can you explain with non technical step
by step how to do? Thanks.

I also read many articles about Paypal and Interchange. I still don't
understand why Interchange does not suggest the secure Paypal system
deal with the credit card transaction for sellers. It's safe for
buyers, it's time saving for sellers. Buyers need to enter personal
info for Paypal as they have to do with my store, however, customers
would feel safer to give credit card number to a third party bank as
Paypal rather then with a commercial store. For sellers, money will go
to seller Paypal bank account directly without any intervention from
sellers to save time. Additionally, transaction data could be send to
my web site to update my database.

Paypal give sample codes for transactions. The only problem that this
code need Perl module LWP::UserAgent in Interchange.

Thank you for your help.

Binh Huynh
vietloves.com