[ic] Fw: manual payment processing

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 12:40:01 2002

> On posting this subject before, perhaps I was not clear enough.  First,
> I have not been able to get my checkout page to be secure -- assuming
> that it should read https instead of http.  I am trying to use PGP;
> however, the documentation is unclear as to what exactly I should place
> in the meta-data fields.
>
> I intent to process my charge card transactions manually.  I also
> accept PayPal, which up until now was linked directly from the receipt
> page -- as there is no apparent way to add a new payment method within
> the checkout process.  I also accept payments by mail; however, the
> cart process (as written) is seeking to have the check processed
> electronically.
>
> I have a very small e-commerce site that does not warrant the large
> expense of expensive payment processing.  While I am a novice at
> coding, I have managed to have a functional site through the use of
> this cart program with minimal knowledge.  I am now very frustrated
> with trying to get this payment process to work properly.  Any advise --
>  that is easily understood, ie. . .if telling me what to write, I also
> need to know exactly where to write it, would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Terry
> ------------- Forwarded message follows -------------
>
> I have commented out the payment section of my checkout process
> (Interchange Cart 4.8), so that customers may send payment by mail or
> use PayPal.  I am now accepting Visa and Mastercard, and am seeking
> advise to have the cart securely collect information for manual
> processing.
>
> Terry@artsnink.com

PGP (or GPG) is used to encrypt the credit card info which gets emailed
to you. This is not the same as SSL which is used to secure your
checkout page (https...) Getting your checkout to run secure could be as
simple as setting the SECURE_ENABLE variable to 1 and putting your
secure URL in the SECURE_SERVER variable. You'll find these in the admin
UI under Tables... variables. The docs and archives contain all the info
you'll need.

You can choose postal ordering as an option in the admin UI, as well as
having the encrypted credit card orders emailed to you for manual
processing.

DB