[ic] newbie checkout question: mandatory shipping address

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 17:53:00 2002

> I think it is prety much a fact that users who would do that, can only
> be controlled with final checkout form validation, and as I have the
> only editing in account.html also, the transition is *not so smooth* to
> get back... but that is the price we pay for implementing it this way :)

    If you are tricky with mv_nextpage you should be able to send users to
account and then back to your checkout page again.  For a simple solution,
you could set a scratch variable at checkout so that your accounts page has
a way of knowing that the user is coming from the checkout page and set the
mv_nextpage on the accounts page appropriately.  I would recommend setting
the scratch variable in the mv_click routine hooked to your "place order"
button in order to reduce the chance that the user will go to the accounts
page on his own accord, after viewing the checkout page, and then get sent
back to checkout inadvertently.

Jeff