[ic] multiple args in area/page clarification

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 19:26:01 2002

Hi guys... I just spent a whole many hours very stupidly.

I usually pass multiple args in the area/page tag by doing this:

                        b_num=[bill-code]
                         t_id=[bill-param trip_id]
                      |]">[filter 25.][bill-param t_title][/filter]</a>

This works great... however today I needed to use this particular one,
iterating within an existing <form></form> so.... I ASSUMED (first
mistake) that I could not do it this way, since you cannot nest
forms....

SO I hit the docs because I remember seeing:

[area href=dir/page.html arg="arg1=AA/arg2=BB"]

I could not "get" the multiple args out of this...??

tried [cgi arg1] [value arg1] [scratch arg1] [data session arg1]

As it turns out, the form parameter doesn't actually "build" a
creation.. maybe it builds it in the session? I don't know, but the form
parameter works within a form, so problem solved but for completion...
how would I pull the args out of:

[area href=dir/page.html arg="arg1=AA/arg2=BB"]

Thanks

Paul

BTW, am I the only one that feels the only useful way to search the
archives anymore is with the google toolbar for IE? I get "no matches"
90% of the time with swish even when searching for simple things, and
all google results return redhat urls that are dead.

Am I missing some other way to search the archives??