[ic] address book woes

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 22:12:00 2002

    Ack!  Has anyone else noticed what happens to the customer's info in the
admin section when a user selects an address out of the address book (userdb
get_shipping nickname=whatever) and then checks out ?  Because the address
book info is loaded over the top of the fname lname address1 etc which
causes the customer "record" in the admin to subsequently look like the
customer is the person to whom the actual customer last shipped an order.
For example, my test customer's name as shown in the admin's customer editor
has become "John Doe", which is not my customer name but is the name
associated with the shipping name I loaded out of the address book.
    I can think of some ways to work around this, but they basically all
involve eliminating calls to userdb get_shipping and instead accessing the
address_book hash manually inside of log_transaction and log_entry .  It
seems like a reasonably nasty proposition and I was wondering if anyone else
had encountered this issue and how they might have dealt with it.

Jeff