[ic] getting frustrated, can't get server running

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 29 07:14:00 2002

>Hi - here's an idea. now that you've fixed your mysql
>permissions problem, why not drop all the tables in
>the database, delete the catalog directory (something
>like /var/lib/interchange/foundation?) and the html
>directory (maybe /home/html/foundation?) and rerun
>makecat with everything fresh and clean and blank?

Fair enough suggestion, I probably didn't wipe out the
tables from last time, but I'll try anything right
about now.  I wiped out everything, the compiled
interchange, the catalogs, cgi-bin, htdocs, all
starting from scratch.  I also rechecked mysql
permissions by redoing the grant all privileges
command and flushing privileges.

Ran everything again from configure to bin/makecat,
started the server and hit bin/restart to see if the
tables problem would come up and voila, no problems
with the mysql db now.  The tables were created and
populated.  BUT.  When I go to the web and hit either
the customer entrance or admin interface

We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
We are out of service or may be experiencing high
system demand. Please try again soon.

There's nothing showing up in either error log.  Any
more ideas.