[ic] getting frustrated, can't get server running

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 29 09:43:01 2002

> >Hi - here's an idea. now that you've fixed your mysql
> >permissions problem, why not drop all the tables in
> >the database, delete the catalog directory (something
> >like /var/lib/interchange/foundation?) and the html
> >directory (maybe /home/html/foundation?) and rerun
> >makecat with everything fresh and clean and blank?
>
> Fair enough suggestion, I probably didn't wipe out the
> tables from last time, but I'll try anything right
> about now.  I wiped out everything, the compiled
> interchange, the catalogs, cgi-bin, htdocs, all
> starting from scratch.  I also rechecked mysql
> permissions by redoing the grant all privileges
> command and flushing privileges.
>
> Ran everything again from configure to bin/makecat,
> started the server and hit bin/restart to see if the
> tables problem would come up and voila, no problems
> with the mysql db now.  The tables were created and
> populated.  BUT.  When I go to the web and hit either
> the customer entrance or admin interface
>
> We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
> We are out of service or may be experiencing high
> system demand. Please try again soon.
>
> There's nothing showing up in either error log.  Any
> more ideas.

    You may have already done this and/or I may be all wet
but whenever I decide to wipe clean and rebuild I also
make sure I remove the cgi-bin file that is created during the
cart creation.  This seems to make a difference to the catalog
building process.

Jon