[ic] Interchange and MySQL

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 29 23:22:00 2002

    Apologies if this is in the mail archives but I haven't been able
to find any solution from many searches.

I've now tried this with IC 4.8.6 and 4.9.3 because my hosting
company decided to perform an upgrade;  that was a nice surprise.

Trying to convert to using MySQL.  I've created a database and user
and associated the user to the database.

Via the admin UI I've modified the following  as such :

MYSQL 1
SQLPASS  ThePassword
SQLDSN    dbi:mysql:db_name   also tried   dbi:mysql:db_name:localhost
SQLUSER   db_admin

Made sure there wasn't any *.sql files in the products directory.
Via UI did Apply changes and it simply times out.  Nothing
in the catalog's error.log either.

Thanks you,

Jon