[ic] Arbitrary Database Display

Alex Lofaso (Planetanime.com) interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 29 23:56:01 2002

>> On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:26:37 -0600 (CST)
>> "Alex Lofaso (Planetanime.com)" <alex@planetanime.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello list!
>>>
>>> I've been trying to display the data from a arbitrary database table
>>> in my fly page.  For each sku from the products table there is a
>>> number of records in my product_detail_parameters table.  For example
>>> for sku xyz there could be 3 rows:
>>> sku id  parameter  value
>>> xyz 1   p1         v1
>>> xyz 2   p2         v2
>>>
>>> etc...
>>>
>>> here is the code i am using to display these records:
>>>
>>>      [if-item-data products_detail_parameters sku]

>>>      [query sql="SELECT parameter, value FROM
>>>      product_detail_parameters where sku = [item-code] ORDER BY id"
>>>          type=list
>>>         list=1
>>>         ]
>>>      [list]
>>>                 [sql-param value]</li>

>>>      [/list]
>>>      [/query]

>>>  [/if-item-data]
>>>

>>> Despite the fact that there is data in the table, I cannot seem to
>>> get any results to display.  I've also tried using the loop search
>>> method to no avail.  Any help would be great!
>>
>> You need to quote [item-code], e.g. '[item-code]'. Otherwise your SQL
>> syntax is invalid given that the sku contains letters.
>>
>> Bye
>>       Racke
>

> I tried quoting the [item-code] by still no luck...  I obviously must
> be doing something else wrong.  However I did try using [data
> table=products_detail_parameters col=parameter key=[item-code]] just to
> make sure it would return 1 item from the database table, and that
> works.  Puzzling.
> Thanks
>
> Alex

Hello List!

I have still have had no luck getting the results of this detail table to
display.  I even tried adding [tag pragma safe_data] [/tag].  Is there
another approach I should try beside using the [query] tag?  I am using a
sql only database for this, could that be the issue?
Thanks in advance,

Alex