[ic] Strange problem in chekout submission.

Krishna interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 30 02:09:01 2002

Hello List,

I want to stop e-mail notification of orders to customer and store owner
after placing order in checkout page. For this I edited catalog.cfg in
the following way.

## This route emails the order to you unless email is set to "",
## and failsafe-logs the order report a couple of places
Route main  <<EOF
        attach            0
        credit_card       1
        default           1
        email             ""
        encrypt           0
        errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
        pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
        pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
        receipt           etc/receipt.html
        report            etc/report
        supplant          1
        individual_track  orders
        track             logs/tracking.asc
EOF

# Order routes can be maintained in a database
# CHANGES TO THIS WILL OVERRIDE THE ROUTES ABOVE.
RouteDatabase   route

# Default route is run if no routes set, this should be last Route
# always
Route   default   master          1
Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user"
Route   default   empty           1
Route   default   supplant        1
Route   default   email           ""

I have put empty string before email field in above code
(catalog.cfg).But when I try to submit the checkout page, it is
submitting to the same page (checkout) but it has to submit to the
receipt page. If I given invalid value for email route (catalog.cfg)
then it is submitted to the receipt page. After submition to the receipt
page I checked the mail logs, I found this invalid email value is been
bouncing back to the mail server which kills the mail server space.

Could any one please see above code and check whether I am doing right
or need to be change code any where? Or give me any new idea and I don’t
want my mail sever to be bounced with invalid email address.

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna