[ic] hide inactive products in adminsearch (bug?)

Sat Nov 30 09:23:00 2002

Quoting Luc (info@technobase.nl):
> Hello,
> I have a ADMIN-problem with the function 'inactive' (IC version 4.9.x with
> mysql).
> When inactive=1 the product is hide in the frontstore, so that works great !
> Problem: When inactive=1 the product is also hide in the ADMIN-itemsearch,
> so with the admin you can't find back inactive products.
>
> Thanks for any help.

We need to put in a nohide parameter, probably in the same fashion
as the "active" and "inactive" customers. I will be doing that (and
have already done that in my private copy).

If you edit lib/UI/pages/admin/item.html and put nh=1 in the list of
parameters set in the scratch variable item_sparams:

[if cgi changed_qual]
[then]
    [set item_list_clicked][/set]
    [seti item_sparams]
            fi=[cgi mv_data_table]
            st=db
            [cgi ui_text_qualification]
            nh=[cgi showinactive]
            su=1
            md=1
            ml=[cgi ui_list_size]
            tf=[cgi ui_sort_field]
            to=[cgi ui_sort_option]
            rf=[cgi ui_show_fields]
    [/seti]
[/then]
[elsif !scratch item_sparams]
    [seti item_sparams]
            fi=[cgi mv_data_table]
            st=db
            ra=yes
            md=1
            nh=[cgi showinactive]
            ml=[cgi ui_list_size
            tf=[cgi ui_sort_field]
            to=[cgi ui_sort_option]
            rf=[cgi ui_show_fields]
    [/seti]
[/elsif]
[else]
    [set item_list_clicked]1[/set]
[/else]
[/if]

That is what I will be doing. Then in your Items entry in the menu
editor, set showinactive=1 as one of the parameters in the link.

Of course you can hardwire it to 1 if you want. I will probably add
that to the list of parameters you can set in the table metadata.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

There's nothing sweeter than life nor more precious than time.
-- Barney