[ic] scratch variables in a link

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 30 13:03:00 2002

> Hello List,
>
> I  have a small but really difficult problem.
>
> I want to create a menu structure where the main caetgeories
> are on the top
> of the page (like amazon.com) and only the sub categories are
> going to the
> left.
>
> To do this, I have to know on each page, which subcategorie I have to
> display. So I thought a scratch variable would be the best way.
>
> But how  can I set a scratch variable within a link (area or page) ?
>
> Hope for an answer.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Oliver

I did this in 4.8.3, and it just carried over to 4.9.3, I am not sure if
I can tell you how to do it on 4.9.3 but it is probably in the preamble
area... which I am guessing gets parsed before the top template.

In 4.8.3 all you have to do is add:

style:
        label: page style

It has been so long I don't remember where... In 4.8.3 I think there is
a large textarea above the template when you edit it yes? Then it goes
there.

This one, will give you a "control" called 'style' which I use to
determine page style. It is not very dynamic, but it will do the amazon
thing.

To give you a better idea, here is my whole template (the file in
templates/)

[comment]
ui_template: impage
ui_type: template
ui_name: impage
ui_version: 4.9.3-200210270111
ui_label: IM Page with top/bottom areas only, content in middle.
ui_source: templates/impage
ui_template_layout: IMPAGE_TOP, UI_CONTENT, IMPAGE_BOTTOM
ui_template_version: 4.8.3

page_title:
        label: Page title

members_only: