[ic] form to both log in and order an item

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 1 05:18:02 2002

John Allman wrote:

> Dan Browning wrote:
>
>> Try adding these to your form:
>> mv_order_quantity=5
>> mv_order_item=os20000
>

> Thanks - that almost did it. i added:
>
> <input type=hidden name=mv_order_quantity value=1>
> <input type=hidden name=mv_order_item value=os20000>
>
> but unfortunately there's now two items to be ordered in the checkout.
> i've tried setting mv_order_quantity to 0 and even removing it but no
> matter what i do it orders it twice!! Any ideas?
>
> thanks
>
> John

I changed mv_click to be JLogin and added

[set JLogin]
mv_order_item=os20000
[userdb login]
[/set]

which did that but i have a more worrying concern. i want to be able to
enter a value in a text field, pull it out and then translate it into an
sku before submission. any ideas how i might do this? Again i stress
that i really am not too sure of what i'm up to here. I've looked about
in the docs and am putting this together bit by bit. If anyone can point
me to a good place to look about interchanges form submission process
and anything relevant to my problem in particular, i'd much appreciate it...

Atm just trying to enter an sku in a text field still orders the item
twice. ie

<input type=text name=mv_order_item>

orders the same item twice.

any help would be appreciated.