[ic] Update cart contents, preventing re-order?

marc.brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 1 07:04:01 2002

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 11:34, you wrote:

> > I'd like to have my page update the existing shopping cart
> > (replacing the old values with the new ones instead of
> > incrementing them/creating new orderlines)?

> I have done this before with a usertag which sets the form values from the
> cart, and then clears the cart. Then, when the user submits again, cart is
> loaded fresh.

I'm already at the point where the order form (in my case flypage.html) is
reloaded with the cart contents. So, clearing the cart just before ordering
is definitely acceptable. Main problem is 'where?'

I'd need to get some code between the point where the user clicks 'Update
order' and displaying the shopping basket/checkout page (or whichever other
page comes next), how did you manage this?

Regards,

Marc Brevoort