[ic] NS7 interaction with mod_interchange

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 1 07:48:03 2002

Jeff Dafoe [jeff@badtz-maru.com] wrote:

> I reviewed some discussions in the mailing list concerning the
> interactions between Mozilla and mod_interchange that results in an
> inability to view [more] result pages and results in a "search error: Object
> saved wrong" in the catalog error file.  At the close of the discussion it
> was decided that this was a prerelease version of Mozilla that was exhbiting
> this behavior.  The issue I am experiencing is that this is reproduceable
> against a mod_interchange-driven interchange installation when using the
> Netscape 7 release version.

I have tested various versions of Mozilla and Netscape (including v7)
with mod_interchange version 1.22 and Interchange's [more] lists without
any trouble at all.  Please verify your mod_interchange version number
and if in doubt then re-install it to be sure;  Earlier versions suffered
from this sort of thing with Netscape 7 and Mozilla.

There are no outstanding mod_interchange bug reports, although new
reports are always welcome.  If a site works when using a cgi-bin
link program and fails when using mod_interchange, please let me know
the details and I'll try to make some time to look into it.

> I understand this to be a browser bug, how feasible is a workaround?

It's highly unlikely that Apache or Interchange will ever be patched to
work around browser bugs;  That's a job for the browser maintainers.