[ic] Update cart contents, preventing re-order?

Actormailings.com info interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 1 16:17:00 2002

> After ordering, a customer returns to my order page, a page that
> provides a
> friendly interface for ordering multiple items (in tabular form
> by size and
> color). This order page orders multiple items by setting
> mv_order_item and
> mv_order_quantity fields.
>
> I'd like to have my page update the existing shopping cart
> (replacing the old
> values with the new ones instead of incrementing them/creating new
> orderlines)? I've already been visiting sub add_items in the
> Order.pm module
> but surely there is a more simple, straight-forward way?

What about adding "SeparateItems" to the variable table (with order as the
pref_group) in the UI?
SeparateItems	0	order

That should tell IC to replace the sku ordered in the cart with the new
order.  I don't know if it'll work in your case, but it certainly seems the
most straightforward if it does.

Jordan

Fire your LOCAL phone company and get FREE long distance from your home
phone.
http://phonefreeusa.com