[ic] Shipping issues

Michael Nakonachny interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 1 20:09:01 2002

(Michael Nakonachny)
I am trying to set up my flat rate shipping.  I go into the admin
section and follow the instructions on how to set that up.  I apply all
of the changes then go and test it and shipping still shows up 0.00 then
I scroll down and see that where you select shipping method the drop
down menu is empty. right above the drop down menu it says "Note:
GNDCOM: Missing ShipperPostalCode:"  Does anyone have any ideas on how I
can fix this? thanks Michael Nakonachny

(Gerry)
Possible Answer:

I use a cPanel Interface to Interchange 4.8

This may work,
1. Set up a new shipping method call it FLATRATE with appropriate
description
2. Edit methods for "by weight" and "standard shipping by weight"
3. Select to where you want this to apply (all countries, only US etc)
4. Edit the Data table in format
   |start range | end range | charge type | amount|
   with something like
   | 0 | 20 |number | 2.50
   and put in a second line at least
   | 21 | infinity |number| 2.50
   Values for demo only
5. Disable or remove other shipping methods to the same locations unless
you want users to have a choice.

Hope it helps, it worked for me.

Gerry

(Michael Nakonachny)

Ok I am noticing that when you first go to check out it shows the flat rate
shipping price but when you log in or create an account you get this error
under shipping method "Note: No match found for mode 'GNDCOM', quantity '',
returning 0." and then the shipping price goes back to 0.00

If you do not understand what I am talking about just go to
store.nakostyle.com and give it  a try yourself

Any Ideas this is starting to get to me.
Thanks
Michael Nakonachny