[ic] 4.8.6 doesn't work without root

Marty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 1 23:06:02 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 17:37, George Osvald wrote:
> I installed 4.8.6 on my user account without root privilege using instructions
> on the web site and I am having constant problems. The paths to the /perl5
> directory in exec. scripts are incorrect as I discovered. Are there any other
> things I should do when installing without root?

Hi George,

Interchange will install correctly without root, but you *must* make
sure that the user trying to install interchange has access to all the
correct perl modules first.  This assumes of course that your perl
install is not hosed beyond hope. :)

What you are looking for is the "Installing perl modules without root
access" portion of the icadvanced.html documentation.  If you read that
and setup your perl environment correctly, then you can easily install
all of the interchange modules from cpan with install
Bundle::Interchange.

I've installed 4.8.6 a number of times without root on both Red Hat
systems and Debian systems.
--
Marty