[ic] Continue shopping button

Joshua Lavin interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 2 11:53:00 2002

> Unfortunately, I had to work with the history-scan tag today for another
> IC site I am working on and had problems getting it to work in the manner I
> described to you.  On my first site, there is no search field, products are
> retrieved via direct hrefs to scan .  On this site I am working on now,
> there is a search field which posts to "area scan".  It doesn't look like
> this gets saved in the history list.  This is probably the issue you are
> experiencing as well.  What I might do is just use javascript to build a
> scan parameter list instead of using a form post for the search field.  Then
> it will get picked up by history-scan.

Our site uses the [page scan...] tags alot, but we also have a search box.
Below is the history for me: I did two searches, which I guess are the
'expired', and viewed one product (flypage).

'History' => [
    [
      undef,
      {
        'mv_nextpage' => 'index',
        'mv_session_id' => 'uJ5VkgNz'
      }
    ],
    [
      'expired',
      {}
    ],
    [
      'expired',
      {}
    ],
    [
      '/1000003.html',
      {
        'mv_nextpage' => '1000003',
        'mv_session_id' => 'uJ5VkgNz'
      }
    ]
  ],

The history-scan continue shopping button returned me to the index page,
after I added the item to my cart. But doesn't it look like it's doing the
history properly?

Josh