[ic] cant find documentation for creating second shopping cart

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 3 04:55:02 2002

Mike Heins wrote:

>I think people are getting confused.
>
>I think when the original questioner was saying "multiple carts", he meant
>that. Not multiple catalogs.
>
>You can create a cart from a URL:
>
>    http://USUAL_CGI_PATH/order?mv_cartname=newcart&mv_order_item=foo
>
>That will order the item "foo" and place it in the "newcart" cart.
>
>To display things from that cart, do:
>
>   [item-list cart=newcart]
>        [item-description]: [item-price]
>   [/item-list]
>
>To make the cart the default cart in that page transaction:
>
>   [cart newcart]
>
>Now a regular [item-list] without a name will use that cart, as
>will [shipping], [salestax], etc.
>
>You do have to set the current cart every time, i.e. it always
>starts out with "main" being the current cart.
>
>As with most IC things, it is just a perl data structure.
>
>  $Session = {
>                carts => {
>                    main => [],
>                    newcart => [
>                         { code => 'foo', quantity => 1, mv_ib => 'products' },
>                        ],
>                },
>             etc => 'etc.',
>        };
>
>I believe this might be covered pretty well in ic_ecommerce. I know
>that at one point I did some pretty copious examples for the docs, but
>whether they made it through the great docs transition I don't know.

Thanks Mike!

I think that's exactly what i'm looking for. I'll trawl through what
you've written there and i think i'll work it out. I found the cart tag
and so on but didn't realise that to create a new cart all i had to do
was order product and put it in that cart! d'oh! Much more painless than
i realised. Again i am impressed by the things Interchange does for you:)

Thanks again

John