[ic] Selecting a Database via Web, via InterChange

Chris Bartholomew interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 4 00:31:01 2002

Excuse my Newbility...
I have set up my interchange cart.  Everything but the database (as far as
editing/updating via the web interface) is working great.

I have MySQL on the server..ready to go.  Only thing is, I am not familiar
with the way Interchange selects mySQL.  I am new to mySQL and new to
InterChange.

How do I utilize mySQL for use with my Interchange Cart?

This is all I could find from my mySQL area ...but what do I need to do to
get it working AND do I need to upload the database file to mySQL on my
server OR will InterChange place it there?

$dbh =
DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database_name_:localhost","username","<password>");

I have been up and down the information and all I can find is where you can
set if the db will be variable.  I can't seem to locate where it might allow
you to choose what database you will run and such...like the way it lets you
select which payment gateway you are using.  Is there such a field.

Thanks in advance

Chris Bartholomew....Accomplished artist, struggling programmer.